The article is devoted to Bolshevik state campaign of seizing church reaches in Donetsk region. The article describes arrangement and implementation stages of the campaign, the attitude of faithful people and clergy towards the campaign, etc. The author illustrated that local authorities presented the campaign as will of the Soviet people, whilst in reality it met the resistance of both clergy and laity. The author believes that speciﬁc features of the campaign were to a large extent deﬁned by the fact that there were very few churches in industrial Donetsk region. Due to this fact church reaches were sometimes seized more than once. Sometimes this resulted in complete devastation of churches. In the author’s opinion the unwillingness of the local authorities to permit laymen buy out church reaches was caused by the same reason.
conﬁscation of church reaches, church property, acts of the conﬁ scation of church reaches, faithful, clergy, laity, famine of 1921–1922, famine relief, Donetsk region, Mariupol, Svyatogorsky lavra
1. Vojnalovich V. A., Kochan N. І. Relіgіjnij chinnik etnopolіtichnih procesіv na Donbasі: іstorіja і suchasnіst' (Religious Factor of Ethic-Political Processes in Donbas: History and Modernity), Kiіv, 2014.
2. Krivova N. A. 1999 “Vlast' i Cerkov' v 1922–1925 gg. Politbjuro i GPU v bor'be za cerkovnye cennosti i politicheskoe podchinenie duhovenstva” (Power and Church in 1922–1925. Politburo and GPU in Struggle for Church Values and Political Subjection of Clergy), in Mahaon, 1999, vol. 1.
3. Maksimchuk T. A. Donbass: tri strashnyh vremeni (Donbass: Three Terrible Times), in http://dn.archives.gov.ua/articles/stat35.htm (Date: 31.08.2015)).
4. Nikol'skij V. N. Pravoslavnoe duhovenstvo Donetchiny, repressirovannoe v 1920–1950-h gg. (v dokumentah i materialah: monografija) (Orthodox Clergy of Donetchina, Repressed in 1920–1950-s Years (in Documents and Materials, Monography)), Doneck, 2013.
5. Nikol'skij V. N. 1994 “Religioznye techenija i gruppirovki v Donbasse serediny 1920-h gg.” (Religious Streams and Groups in Donbas of Middle of 1920-s Years), in Novye stranicy Donbassa, 1994, vol. 3.
6. Nikiforenko A. R. 1997 “Viluchennja cerkovnyh cinnostej pid chas golodu 1921–1922 r. (Na materialah Donechchini)” (Confiscation of Church Values in Time of Hunger 1921–1922 (on Materials of Donetchina)), in Materiali naukovoi konferencii «Istorija nauki, politologija», Donec'k, 1997, vol. 1.
7. Rudenko T. 1922 “Po Donbassu. Dom otdyha dlja rabochih Donbassa” (About Donbass. Rest Home for Workers of Donbass), in Vserossijskaja kochegarka, 1922, vol. 168.
8. Samohvalov A. 1922 “K iz’jatiju cennostej v Svjatogorskom monastyre” (To Confiscation of Values in Svjatogorskij Monastery), in Vserossijskaja kochegarka, 1922, vol. 74.
9. Samohvalov A. 1922 “Po svjatym mestam” (To Holy Places), in Vserossijskaja kochegarka, 1922, vol. 86.
10. Trigub O. Rozkol Rosіjs'koj pravoslavnoї cerkvi v Ukrainі (1922–39rr.): mіzh derzhavnim polіtichnim upravlіnnjam ta reformacіeju (Schism of Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine (1922–1939): between State Political Directiorate and Reformation), Mikolaїv, 2009.
11. Fesenko A. M. 2008 “Konfіskacіja cerkovnih cіnnostej na Donechchinі pіd chas golodu 1921–1923 rr.” (Confiscation of Church Values in Donetchina in Time of Huber 1921–1923), in Vіsnik Cherkas'kogo unіversitetu, Cherkasi, 2008, vol. 133–134.
12. Hjurenina I. Ju. 1998 “Antireligioznaja politika sovetskoj vlasti i obshhestvennye nastroenija v Donbasse v 1920-e gg.” (Antireligious Politics of Soviet Power and Public Moods in Donbass in 1920-s Years), in Novi storinki istorii Donechchini, Donec'k, 1998, vol. 6.
13. 1922 “Cerkovnoe zoloto golodajushhim” (Church Gold to Starving), in Priazovskaja pravda, 1922, vol. 75.