The problem of the myth is not something new to Russian thought of 20 century — the main approaches to its solution were developed in the 40s of the 19 century — so the research in the ﬁeld of myth was based not only on the works of European thinkers, but also on the national tradition formed by that time. In particular, the article is centered on the approaches to understanding the myth developed in the Moscow intellectual milieu in the 20-ies of 20 century. The starting point of the study is the Vyacheslav Ivanov’s concept of myth, who developed the ideas of late Schelling’s works. The works of philosophers, who collaborated and communicated with V. Ivanov in Moscow until 1922 — Frank, Shestov, Florensky, Vysheslavtsev, Bulgakov, Losev, Berdyaev — are also studied. In the course of consideration of these theories the article focuses on the speciﬁ c characteristics of the myth, as well as relations «myth — mythologeme — meaning» and «myth — symbol» uncovered by each thinker. In particular, an original A. F. Losev’s theory of the myth — miracle is studied, as it not only includes the elements of an earlier concepts, but also elevate the problem of the myth to a new level. The spectrum of actual at the time solutions to the problem of myth, thus obtained, allows to take a fresh look not only at the role of works by A. F. Losev in the Russian thought, but on the Russian religious philosophy of the beginning of the 20 century as a whole.
symbol, myth, mythology, religion, miracle, Russian philosophy.
1. Antonov K. M. 2009 “Problemy filosofii religii v «Nepostizhimom» S. L. Franka” (Problem of Religion Philosophy in “Incomprehensible” of S. L. Frank), in Vestnik PSTGU. Serija 1: Bogoslovie. Filosofija, 2009, vol. 2/26, pp. 72–92.
2. Antonov K. M. 2007 “Filosofija religii rannego S. L. Franka” (Religion Philosophy of Early S. L. Frank), in Vestnik MGU. Serija 7: Filosofija, 2007, vol. 5, pp. 63–76.
3. Bliskavickij A. A. Filosofija iskusstva Vjacheslava Ivanova: Dis. … kand. filos. nauk: 09.00.4 (Art Philosophy of Vjacheslav Ivanov: Dissertation), Moscow, 2013.
4. Bubbajer F. S. L. Frank: Zhizn' i tvorchestvo russkogo filosofa. 1877–1950 (S. L. Frank: Life and Works of Russian Philosophers. 1877–1950), Moscow, 2001.
5. Garber H. 2007 “Protiv voinstvujushhego misticizma A. F. Loseva” (Against Militant Mysticism of A. F. Losev), in Taho-Godi A. A., Troickij V. P. (eds.) Aleksej Fedorovich Losev: iz tvorcheskogo nasledija: Sovremenniki o myslitele, Moscow, 2007, pp. 545–546.
6. Il'in V. N. Shest' dnej tvorenija: Biblija i nauka o tvorenii i proishozhdenii mira (Six Days of Creation: Bible and Science about Creation and World Origin), Minsk, 2006.
7. Koneva L. A. 2011 “N. A. Berdjaev: mif kak osoboe proizvedenie” (N. A. Berdjaev: Myth as Special Work), in Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2011, vol. 1/2, pp. 10–16.
8. Losev A. F. 1998 “Teorija mificheskogo myshlenija u Je. Kassirera“ (Theory of Mythical Thought by E. Kassirer), in Troickij V. P. (ed.) Kassirer Je. Izbrannoe. Opyt o cheloveke, Moscow, 1998, pp. 730–800.
9. Maslin M. A., Apryshko P. P., Poljakov A. P. (eds.) Russkaja filosofija: Jenciklopedija (Russian Philosophy: Encyclopedia), Moscow, 2007.
10. Sycheva S. G. 2011 “Platon i Vjacheslav Ivanov: mifologija i simvolizm” (Plato and Vjacheslav Ivanov: Mythology and Symbolism), in Izvestija Tomskogo politehnicheskogo universiteta, 2011, vol. 319/6, pp. 99–101.
11. Taho-Godi A. A. 2001 “«Filosof hochet vse ponimat'». «Dialektika mifa» i dopolnenie k nej“ (“Philosopher Wants to Understand All”. “Myth Dialectics” and Additions to It), in Losev A. F. Dialektika mifa, Moscow, 2001, pp. 5–30.
12. Taho-Godi A. A. Losev, Moscow, 2007.